Position Available: Undergraduate Student Assistant
Undergraduate Research Program
The Undergraduate Research Program (URP) in the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity promotes and facilitates opportunities for undergraduates to participate in research with faculty, provides a public forum for students to present their work, and offers advising and other resources.
We currently seek an undergraduate student assistant to work 15-19.5 hours per week, preferably starting this summer and continuing through academic year 2014-15. Compensation is $10.00/hour. This position is Work-Study eligible.
- Provide web, database, and other technology support for the Undergraduate Research Program including routine URP website updates.
- Assist in daily operations including email management, the development, production, and distribution of URP publication materials; office organization; program outreach;
- Perform a variety of support functions for URP programs and events, including the Undergraduate Research Symposium; and
- Occasional front desk reception support for the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity.
- Valuable experience for students who want to gain professional work experience and/or learn about student services in higher education.
- Interesting/relevant work environment for students who are already involved or interested in undergraduate research.
- Work with friendly staff in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
- Work well both as a member of a small team and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills, ability to balance a variety of duties, and attention to detail.
- Experience with PC applications, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of and experience with web-page updates and maintenance.
- High comfort level with computer technology and software programs, including interest in learning new web-page design and other technical skills.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with basic HTML and/or Drupal content management systems.
- Familiarity with using social media platforms.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Familiarity with basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and/or InDesign.
How to Apply: Priority deadline for consideration is Monday, June 23
Please email a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to: Lauren Brohawn, Program Coordinator, Undergraduate Research Program via Word or pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Undergraduate Research Program, visit: expd.uw.edu/urp